Tuesday 10 November 2015

My road to being healthy: week 1

So....the day after I wrote my last post, I went to McDonalds. I also went to McDonalds the day I wrote the post. So I guess you can say we're off to a great start!

This week, I decided that I needed to get rid of all of the unhealthy food that was in my fridge/freezer/cupboards in order to make room for the new healthy awesome food. Seeing as I'm not a wasteful person, the only solution was to eat it all. Don't even tell me you wouldn't do the same.

I DID however work out a lot [edit: I wrote this part on Thursday hoping it would be true of the rest of the week. Wishful thinking]. On Thursday, I watched last weeks episode of How To Get Away With Murder and did a bunch of strength training stuff, and then I put on my Spotify and had a one-person dance party to Sorry by Justin Bieber (it really is a fantastic song), along with some other Top 40 songs I had never heard before. I tried to remember all of the moves that I had learned when we did Jazzercize at camp, but I'm pretty sure I just made most of it up. Did I break a sweat though? You bet.

I did eat a cookie immediately after, but let's just pretend that I made some progress ok?
.
.
.
.

That was the last time I worked out all week. Things happened, I got busy, and then I got a 48 hour flu thing which caused me to lie around in excruciating body pain for two days straight. No working out (or eating healthy) for me.

Sooooo week 1 was a bust. Let's see how week 2 goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment